Monday 25 August 2014

The Traditional One

What is it about us English folk that we always home to the coast whenever a bank holiday weekend springs up?   I'm not sure if madness grips us at the thought of a 3 day weekend or the lore of traffic jams, over priced junk food or crowds of people?

This weekend was no exception, as me and sis decided to head to sunny Scarborough and after checking the weather forecast (a first for me!)  we decided to make the trip on Sunday, which seemed the brightest day out of the three.

So off we popped and made it there within 2 hour 20 mins without much of a traffic jam, managed to park okay, opting for the town centre and then walking the mile long steps onto the sea front.

What is it about seaside resorts, that  automatically turn you into a small child again?   2p machines where played, doughnuts purchased, walks on the beach, rock purchased.   I think we just about ticked every box there was to be ticked for a typical day at the seaside!

I have to say, I didn't like the crowds!   After lunch at Ask, we headed up in to the town for a spot of book purchasing to get away and didn't venture down again.   The pavements seem so narrow for the amount of people that were trying to walk on them and I got tired of being pushed and shoved.

I guess seaside resorts are starting to lose a little of their appeal, now I'm growing older and I think our next journey to the coast, should comprise of a nice coastal walk with scenic views and a nice vintage style picnic. Sounds like a plan to me!













No comments:

Post a Comment